Workflow management for accounting professionals, that works
You know how to do your job; and do it right – but what does that look like when you start delegating to a growing team?
A common reason we hear from accounting professionals as to why they have not yet set-up and implemented standard bookkeeping workflows or task automation is the simple fact: you know how to do it. You’re great at your job. So great, in fact, you know the process like the back of your hand. And so there hasn’t been a need to document or implement an official workflow.
This is a fine way to run your business – if you're 110% happy with your workload and where you business is right now. However - if your business goals include being more efficient, having a better work/life balance, scaling your business or even selling it, it’s time to think about getting those processes and checklists out of your head. When you have standardised and automated bookkeeping processes, you remove a mental weight. You open up space to breath. And you create an effective and more easily scalable business model.
Why should bookkeepers care about workflows and automations?
When automation first moved to the finance space, accountants and bookkeepers expressed concern that technology would make their roles obsolete. This simply isn’t true – as we have seen, humans will always have a place in the workflow process. What is true, is that embracing and adopting new technology is key for improving workflow efficiency.
There are huge benefits to implementing a workflow management tool to automate and streamline your practice workflows:
• Eliminate the need to spend time on tedious, non-income producing tasks such as manual data entry, document collection, and even reporting. • Onboarding new bookkeeping staff with ease.
• Have full visibility across your own workload, and your team’s
• Collaborate and communicate easily with your team and clients
• Save time and remove any ambiguity on practice processes.
Some great examples of accounting or bookkeeping processes and workflows that can be more efficient with an automated system:
• BAS preparation and lodgement
• Monthly Reconciliation and Review
• End of Financial Year (EOFY)
• Mapping your workflows & uncovering inefficiencies
Finding the right workflow management tool for you
In order to discover the technology solutions that will help improve efficiency in your particular bookkeeping workflows, it’s important to think of the way you work, first. How many processes do you have? What are the steps for each? And how do you currently track or document those (if you do at all)?When you have that sorted, you can look at where you might be able to streamline the process; change things around or work in a way that helps you eliminate steps in the workflow. At that point, is the time to start looking at which technology or software is going to help you implement those in the most streamline way, for your particular needs.With XBert, we have an assisted onboarding program called Step Ahead, where we actually help you with this process.
What works for accounting professionals
We know from hundreds of conversations with accountants and bookkeepers that prior to XBert, there hasn’t really been a tech tool that’s designed specifically for the way you work. And so that’s what we’ve built.We know that our expansive feature list and product flow not only saves you time; it gives you peace of mind knowing nothing is getting missed. It allows you take the weight of your workflow from your mind, be prepared to scale your business more easily and have quicky, easy access to what needs to be done, by when and by who, at any given time.
Features of XBert’s workflow management:
- Streamline and automate your processes with XBert’s pre-loaded processes (that are also totally customisable for your practice)
- Templates for all your recurring workflows, customisable for client types and differing schedules.
- Complete visibility and easy management of your workflows in one Dashboard.
- Easily collaborate and communicate with your team by assigning, reassigning, changing the status, on Tasks whenever you need to.
- Gain information from your clients more easily with our client collaboration tools.
Find out how you can remove the mental weight of your work: start a free trial today and our Customer Success Team will be in touch!